It’s mid-July and wedding season is in full swing. (Is it just us or does it seem like there are more than ever before this year?) With Pippa Middleton’s wedding to financier James Matthews at St. Mark’s Church in Englefield and Prince Ernst August and fashion designer Ekaterina Malysheva’s recent nuptials in Germany, the royals have really risen to the occasion. We’ve also recently covered big days everywhere from Bermuda to Newport to Tulum. So whether you’re a bride in the midst of planning or a soon-to-be guest who wants to know what to expect at the next wedding on your docket, we’ve got you covered with a roundup of our favorite summer trends so far, as seen at Over The Moon weddings.
1. A Pop Of Color. From blush pink to peacock blue, these floral colors are perfect for a summer wedding. We love how Hattie West’s bouquet added a splash of color to her big day.
2. Fun group activities. Yoga, hikes, and game days provide an opportunity for guests to get to know each other before the ceremony and throughout the weekend. Bride Tess Vinnedge hosted a movie night overlooking the lake for guests at the beginning of her wedding weekend.
3. Wearing flowers in your hair. Flowers, whether woven into a braid or made into a crown, are a popular look this summer. Over The Moon bride Olivia Rae James’ flower girls looked angelic as they walked down the aisle in their flower crowns, and Emily Samulka was the picture perfect bohemian bride.
4. Iconic venues. Destination weddings are becoming more and more popular, but a classic venue is just as memorable. We loved Over The Moon bride Daisy Melamed’s wedding at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City.
5. A ceremony that recognizes the bride and groom’s heritage. We love a wedding that beautifully brings two families’ backgrounds and traditions together. Foram Bhatt and Benjamin Nyberg’s wedding was one of our all-time favorites.
6. Floral patterns. Our motto is the more, the better when it comes to flowers. It may seem cliché but nothing says “summer wedding” better than floral tablecloths, invitations, and menu cards. Over The Moon bride Susannah Vasu used a simple, yet beautiful motif for her wedding crest in her invitation suite.
7. Cool, refreshing drinks and a healthy, not heavy food selection. Over The Moon bride Jenna Hershey served Aperol Spritzes and Spiked Watermelon Agua Frescas with “little bites” TKTK during cocktail hour.
9. Two words: exterior illumination. Paper lanterns, low hanging lights, and chandeliers—a.k.a. the perfect decorations for an outdoor reception during the summer. We love how Over The Moon bride Elyse Marriott incorporated Edison lights and chandeliers to create a whimsical, sophisticated setting under the stars.
10. Doubling down on dessert. You won’t catch us complaining! We love an almost-naked cake, which allows for other toppings, such as summer flowers and fruits, to take center stage. And these are only continuing to gain popularity. But in addition to her beautiful wedding cake below, Over The Moon bride Chelsea Steadman offered guests s’mores around the fire pit. Nothing says summer more than that!